Last Updated: December 2016
Links to Specific Topics
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information. The types of information we collect that identify you or relate to you as an individual (“Personal Information”) may include things such as the following:
- Name, date of birth, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, username and password (for account administration), when you supply this information voluntarily
- Device ID, including IP address, which are automatically collected and, while they don’t identify you as an individual, do identify a particular computer
- Geolocation (if you are using a mobile application and you consent to this function)
- Financial account information and other payment information (that you submit to us for order processing)
- Additional Personal Information you may submit as necessary for the administration of particular promotional events, such as sweepstakes or contests
- If you are applying for a franchise, date of birth, social security number, contact and employment information
- Non-Personal Information-other types of data will also be collected periodically, such as: type of browser and operating system, mobile application usage data, and aggregated information such as “click stream” information which means entry and exit points (including referring URLs or domains), traffic statistics, page views, and impressions, all of which are collected automatically
- Demographic information you choose to submit and which we may combine on an anonymous basis with similar information from other users
- Device Information – Device type, OS and identifier
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- Process and manage your purchase and use of our products and services
- Respond to your inquiries or requests, and to post your comments or statements on message boards or in our online forums
- Create and deliver personalized promotions based on your purchases and other interactions with us
- Send you communications about offerings from Newk’s and our affiliated companies
- Enable your use of social-media functions via our mobile app, such as sending information or offers to friends and family via the app or other social media – when you use this functionality, you acknowledge and agree that you are permitted to use and provide us with your friend’s or family’s name and e-mail address
- Improve our online services, including to perform data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to operate and expand our business activities
- Assess your application for a Newk’s Eatery franchise
If you provide contact information to us, such as a postal or e-mail address, we may use this information to contact you with information about us and/or our special offers. You can opt-out of receiving these communications from us at any time by (1) following instructions in the communication, if any or (2) by emailing us at email@example.com or sending a letter to 2680 Crane Ridge Drive, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, Attention: Marketing Department.
USE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as set forth below, we will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of Newk’s Franchise Company, LLC, or our affiliated companies or franchisees (collectively “Newk’s”):
- To Perform Services for You. We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services necessary to the Newk’s Online Services and services you request.
- Corporate Transactions or Events. We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
- Compliance with Law. We may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliated companies; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of Newk’s or others ; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
- Franchise Applications. We may disclose the Personal Information you submit on a franchise application to our business units, agents, parent company, Affiliates and to third parties as part of our consideration of that application and to help conduct our franchise marketing efforts. We require our agents to respect our privacy practices and not use your Personal Information for purposes other than to carry out our instructions.
- Third Party Marketing. If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from third parties, we may, from time to time, share the information you provide to us with a few carefully selected third party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like us to stop providing your information to our third party marketing partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a letter to 2680 Crane Ridge Drive, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, Attention: Marketing Department.
USE OR SHARING OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Non-personal information may be used for any purpose not prohibited by law. For example, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all information that does not identify an individual (or that has been modified to remove individual identification).
- What Are Cookies? Newk’s and its agents use small text files called cookies (“Cookies”). Cookies are small pieces of data that we and our agents place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to Personal Information that you provide to us through your online interaction with us. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- Your Control of Cookies. Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please understand, however, if you disable Cookies, some features of the Newk’s Online Services may not work as well (or at all) for you.
The Newk’s Online Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have obtained any personally identifiable information about a children under age 13, we will delete that information.
We strive to use reasonable safeguards to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through the Newk’s Online Services. However, no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorized access or theft might not occur.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Following termination or deactivation of any user account you may create, unless you request that your information be deleted by contacting us, we may retain your information for back-up, archival, legal and audit purposes, and to reactivate your account upon your request. In addition, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information contained in your communications to other users of the Newk’s Online Services posted to public or semi-public areas of the Newk’s Online Services after termination or deactivation of your user account.
CHANGES AND UPDATES